Shoots & Visits
Westcombe Field Archers welcome visitors to shoot in our woods as long as they are a current NFAS member and can show their card on request.
Please contact the Chairman or Secretary via our contact us page to book.
You will be able to shoot the entire course all day Tuesday, Thursday after 16:30 and all day Sunday. One side is also open Thursday am and all day Saturday. Exact details provided on request.
You will be able to use our car park.
The fee is £5 per person payable in advance by cheque or using BACS. Details available on request.
Open Shoots 2020
Each year the club puts on shoots open to all NFAS members.
- With the CoronaVirus [Covid-19] situation we are not sure whether the WFA shoot on 17th May 2020 will go ahead. We are happy to take bookings for the shoot but will not confirm whether it will go ahead until closer to the day. Any payments you make will of course be returned if the shoot does not go ahead.
This Years Open Shoots
- 17th May 2020
- There is only one shoot this year as we are going to put on two days of the South West Challenge later in the year.
- Keep track of all NFAS shoots at the NFAS Shoots Page.
Completed shoot reports can be found here.
How to Enter
- You can enter by completing an entry form and forwarding it by email or post. [details are on the entry form in the downloads section].
- If you contact us directly please provide:
- NFAS number
- Category [Gents/Ladies/Juniors & Age/Cubs & Age]
- Style [e.g. LB, TBH, PV, etc.]
- A contact telephone number and email address
- Payment is £7 in advance by cheque or BACS[details are on the entry form in the downloads section] or £8 on the day. We prefer payment up front if possible.
- While we will try and comply with shoot requests there are no guarantees.
- Entry forms can be found in the downloads section.
- Catering will be available all day. Hot and cold food and drink.
- Big Game Scoring with a minimum 36 x 3Ds
- We will accept entries for all NFAS shoot categories. Will will run Adult, Junior Under 16, Junior under 14, Cubs Over 9 and Cubs under 9 in line with NFAS rules.
- There will be parking on site but NO CAMPING. There are local camping sites available.
- There will be a raffle.
- Dogs welcome if kept on a lead and controlled at all times.
- We are happy for people to do personal 2nd hand sales.
- Directions available on request.
- Big Game
- First Arrow Pro-Kill 24; Kill 20; Wound 16; moving forward a peg on miss.
- Second Arrow Kill 14; Wound 10
- Third Arrow Kill 8; Wound 4
- If scores tied then most Pro-Skill [Spots] will decide place.
- you can get woven badges or car stickers at one of our open shoots.
- If you wish to sell your wares please ask us first.