Westcombe Field Archers
We are sorry to announce that in alignment with government advice and to safeguard our members and visitors we are:
> cancelling the WFA May shoot
> suspending training courses until further notice.
> suspending visitor shooting until further notice.
Calendar space and health situation permitting we may put on another event later in the year.
Good health everyone.
Welcome to the Westcombe Field Archers Website
Set in beautiful woods near Taunton, Somerset, the Westcombe Field Archery Club has been in existence since the 1990’s, and is non-profit, run by a committee of its members.
Members are able to shoot at the club weekly all year round. NFAS members are also welcome to visit, see Opens Shoots & Visiting .
As a club we run club fun shoots as well as a number of NFAS open shoots. We regularly provide a course as part of the South West Challenge.
We are currently taking on new and experienced archers as members.
We run beginner training courses over the summer months.
- March 2020: We are sorry to announce that in alignment with government advice and to safeguard our members and visitors we are: cancelling the WFA May shoo: suspending training courses until further notice; suspending visitor shooting until further notice ; Calendar space and health situation permitting we may put on another event later in the year. Good health everyone.
- March 2020: With the CoronaVirus [Covid-19] situation we are not sure whether the WFA shoot on 17th May 2020 will go ahead. We are happy to take bookings for the shoot but will not confirm whether it will go ahead until closer to the day. Any payments you make will of course be returned if the shoot does not go ahead.
- November 2019: Shoots completed for the year. Thank you for everyone who attended. It is as always much appreciated. Next year we are looking at doing 1 club shoot and 2 days of the South West Challenge.
- August 2019: New WFA Website launched.
- June 2019: New Membership Year 1st June. Open for renewals and new members.
- April-September 2019: Training courses available. contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- January 2019: WFA announced it will run two open shoots in 2019 [details below and on the Open Shoots & Visiting page.
This Years Open Shoots
- 19th May 2019 [Completed]
- 15th September 2019[Completed]
- See the Open Shoots & Visiting Page for more information.
- Next year we are looking at doing 1 club shoot and 2 days of the South West Challenge.
Joining The Club And Field Archery Training Courses
- We do not do "Have a go days" or support "Corporate Days Out", but we are always looking to take on new members.
- We run field archery training courses during the summer for those who are new to archery or are looking for a refresher. Contact us at anytime through the year to get on the waiting list.
- We take on experienced new members all year round newbies during summer months in line with the training schedule.
- If you are interested in joining the club or take our training course go to our Joining Us page.